Must have 5 years or more experience have own tools, I-Car Certification a plus but not required. Repair and refinish automotive vehicle bodies and straighten vehicle frames.
- Follow supervisors’ instructions as to which parts to restore or replace and how much time the job should take.
- Review damage reports, review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover areas to protect what doesn’t need painted.
- Inspect repaired vehicles for proper functioning, completion of work, dimensional accuracy and test drive vehicles to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- Read specifications to determine the desired custom modifications for altering the appearance.
- Keep a clean working area.